There is an open call for applications for a Research Grant (BI), for the conduct of R&D activities by a PhD student, under reference SAI/2022/05, in the scope of the project LISBOA-01-0145-FEDER-072552, at the institution CEDOC - Chronic Diseases Research Centre (Centro de Estudos de Doenças Crónicas) from Faculdade de Ciências Médicas|NOVA Medical School (FCM|NMS), Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (UNL), supported by income from the above mentioned project financed by the Programa Operacional Regional de Lisboa in its FEDER component. Application deadline: 12th May 2022.
Field of study: Biology and biochemistry
Admission requirements (eligibility criteria):
- Master Degree in the area of biology, biochemistry or related fields;
- Enrolment in a PhD in the area of Biomedicine or related fields or intend to enter one. (The Proof of enrolment in a PhD Degree could be obtained until contracting. The assessment made here will only take into account if the candidates meet the conditions for enrolling in a PhD Degree in accordance with the work plan of the grant.)
The researcher will be involved in the characterization of cell populations by immunohistochemistry techniques. Previous experiment in molecular biology techniques and management of cell lines is desirable.
Legislation and applicable regulations:
The fellowship is legally framed by the Research Fellowship Holder Statute (Law 40/2004, of August 18) and the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships in force.
Place of work:
The work will be carried out at “Proteostasis and Intercellular Communication” Group of CEDOC – Chronic Diseases Research Centre (Centro de Estudos de Doenças Crónicas) at Faculdade de Ciências Médicas|NOVA Medical School (FCM|NMS), Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (UNL), under the scientific supervision of Professor Paulo Pereira.
Fellowship duration and predicted start date:
The fellowship will last for 6 months and is expected to start on May 15, 2022.
Monthly Scholarship Amount:
The monthly amount of the fellowship corresponds to € 1144.64 (one thousand one hundred and fourty-four euros and sixty-four cents), paid monthly by bank transfer, according to the table of stipend values of FCT, I.P., in the country.
The motivation letter and CV of the candidates will be evaluated considering the ponderation of 40% to the letter and 60% to the CV.
The CV will be evaluated according to the weighting of the factors indicated below.
Preferential Factors and assigned values in %:
- Previous experience in Molecular biology, namely immunohistochemistry and laboratory management - 40%;
- Combined grades, undergraduate and Master degrees - 30%;
- Previous publications - 30%.
- Professor Paulo Pereira – President of the Jury, FCM|NMS;
- Doctor Rosalina Fonseca Alvarez – 1st Effective Jury Member, FCM|NMS;
- Doctor Catarina Homem – 2nd Effective Jury Member, FCM|NMS;
- Doctor Cesar Mendes – 1st Alternate Jury Member, FCM|NMS;
- Doctor Helena Soares – 2nd Alternate Jury Member, FCM|NMS.
Form of publicizing/notifying the results:
The results of the evaluation will be sent by email to the candidates who submitted the application within the deadline. The candidates will also be notified by email that if they wish to comment at the prior hearing, they should present their comments by email within 10 working days.
Application deadline and form of presentation of applications:
The call is open from April 28 to May 12 (until 17:00 PM) 2022 and is published on https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/ and in https://www.nms.unl.pt/en-us/NMS/Join-NMS/Recruiting (Portuguese and English versions on this website).
Applications have to be submitted by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the reference SAI/2022/05 in the Subject of the message.
Applications are formalized by sending a Letter of Motivation accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum vitae, Certificate of Qualifications, proof of inscription on a PhD Degree or statement on the CV or on the letter of motivation saying that the candidate wants to enter a PhD Degree, and other supporting documents deemed relevant.
See notice in English and Portuguese in this page.